- Ah, beat 'em up games: a classic platform of fighting prowess. Great games, from Battletoads to Double Dragon to River City Ransom have made great strides in this genre, but they all suffer from one glaring plot hole: how you offer recovery items to your characters? Force them to eat off of the street.
- Speaking of RCR, there is a sequel in the works. Never mind that there are about a dozen games in the Kunio-kun franchise, only a few of which ever made it to America, and more than one actually serve as spiritual sequels, if not true continuations. I'd like to see them port a few of them over to the US... can you tell I'm skeptical about this new one?
- girlsmakinggunsounds.com: yes, it's exactly what it sounds like. Call me sexist, but I think it's funny. Or maybe it's just because I'm one of them crazy folks who believes in the Second Amendment.
- College student hides in a cardboard box to avoid being arrested. Even if it was just to avoid a noise complaint ticket from a party, Solid Snake would be proud.
- Randall Monroe of xkcd fame offers us graphical perspective on the radiation effects of the Fukushima nuclear accidents in the wake of the earthquake. Turns out it's not as bad as it seems.
- If you have ever had a cat and a computer in the same building, then you know the two are magnetically attracted to each other. Some people maintain that cats just like to soak up the heat, but I know that cats are really jealous of our technological prowess and are trying to either deny us the ability to use it, or commandeer it for their own communication purposes. Case in point, they know how to type. Ish.
- Speaking of cats, it's Caturday. We should just admit that cat pictures are the cornerstone of the internet, even more than porn. Even Wikimedia Commons recognizes this.
- A couple of amusing pics:
GeekDump #11: 26 Mar, 2011
Random fun stuff after the fold.